Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My day in reverse

That photo's for you Luani ha





now you can see my day from the last thing I did to the first.
-I uploaded the photos in the wrong order.





How perfect is that painting!

Stalin, not so perfect


Because there’s so much to see,

I’ve taken to doing one major site a day


Today was Westminster Abby

I hadn’t planned it to be

I started at the Tate Modern.

Paul drove me so getting there wasn’t a drama

The artwork was amazing and I loved the high ceilings and marble pillars throughout the gallery.

From there I decided to walk into the sightseeing district and chose a sight to see.

I had planned on going through the houses of parliament but as I was about to walk in I caught a glimpse of westminster abby and decided I should go there first.

so in I went.

it was spectacular!

you can have an audio tour (which I did) that explains everything and the history of each room, the people buried there and the resulting sculptures. (there was even a sculpted head of an Australian poet, who’s name I’ve forgotten ha)

Getting through the whole Abby took hours. I’m sure it could be done a lot quicker but taking my time made it so much more enjoyable.

I’m so glad I took European history in first semester, every time the I saw or heard a name I knew I would get really excited, it was super satisfying.

By the time I came out it was dark (and freezing) so I decided to head home.

I came home to a delicious vegetarian curry (made by Paul) and watched Grand Design with Paul, Lars and Hennessy (it was a couple building a house out of tyres)
The whole house was very environmentally friendly to build and to run.
Because so many people are interested in being ‘green’ the husband managed to have his entire house built by volunteers!

-he reminded me of Dad haha




No comments:

Post a Comment