Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hello


After somewhere near 30 hours, four time zones and two stopovers, here I am on the other side of the world in Oslo, Norway.
I was so excited to get here and see my long awaiting sister who I hadn't seen in months.
As promised she was at the gate waiting with her camera at the ready.
Much to my disappointment she didn't have a sign (she had run out of crayons after making her friend a birthday poster) but she did have a big hug and a smile though which makes up for it entirely.

After stopping in Singapore (where I spoke to no one but Australians and British folk) and Heathrow where I spoke to no one but eavesdropped on many conversations) arriving in Oslo where everyone was speaking Norwegian (rather than English) it finally felt like I was overseas.

At home I have always been the muscles in every operation that involved luani and I but since our separation she has taken on that role herself and to prove this to me she carried my luggage all the way home. I however have not taken on her role in the duo and was very grateful to have her brains by my side once again.

Luani and I share a love of grocery shopping so as my first norwegian experience she took me to a supermarket (called something like gindlelocker ha, I just made that one up, let's just call it gringotts) We made it 100m down the road towards the train (toget) station when we had to turn back because I was too cold and had to get changed ha.

I fell asleep before Luani and Philippe could make me dinner but I was promised a delicious meal the following night.

thus far I love Oslo.








No comments:

Post a Comment