Monday, October 25, 2010

Hiking day two

I woke up a 0900, well after the sun had risen.
No one got up to see the sun because it was very cloudy and would have been freezing.
All in all I had close to 15 hours of sleep and woke ready to face the day and hike back home.


























Apparently the middle aged man was very concerned about me and asked Luani if I was okay many times, she told him I was only visiting norway and had not climatised yet.
I also managed to go the entire time without saying much to anyone, that could have been because I was asleep....
back to day two.
We set off down the cliff face after a hefty breakfast
I did take a fall (which evened out the playing field) but recovered swiftly and so we powered on.
we made it back to Grua just in time for the 2pm train.




I sat with Voldy to my right, knitting a beanie and Wolfie in front of me taking a nap.




BEST HIKING TRIP EVER


In Grua I san on the wet ground so when we arrived back in Oslo my backside was still wet, as were my toes so I was was freezing so Luani and I caught the trikk home while Edgar walked so he wouldn’t have to buy a ticket.
We caught the wrong trikk so Edgar beat us home but Luani and I had some excellent bonding time.
When we got home I showered then broke into a hardcore fever which was fixed by Philippe’s recommendation of paracetamol (he will go on to do great things)

I went on to finish my packing and set the table with a keen sense of anticipation, Luani had made my favorite!

Dinner was super and the rest of my evening wasn't terribly exciting, although I did beat Luani in a game of speed.


I also chatted with Melanie and Hanne, said goodbye to Philippe and wrote my letter to hang on the norwegian wall of honor.

All in all, a fantastic final night in Oslo.




1 comment:

  1. I love your blogs. Its so nice to see you having such a great time. The photos are excellent.

    ReplyDelete