Saturday, January 15, 2011

Arrival in Instabul

this is the email I sent my mother and Alex on Day one in Istanbul:
So I don't think I'll let Luani plan a holiday again Ha
I landed at 4am, luani at 5:45 we arrived at our hotel at 9:30
We had to catch a bus, a boat, a tram and a train but we finally made it.
Getting there was an adventure but the Turkish people are so nice and helpful! All you have to do is be looking at a map and they all offer help.
Anyway, we rocked up to our hotel and a man ran over to us saying that the hotel was under renovation so his friend would sort us out at his hotel.
Luani's name didn't come up as having a reservation in either hotels so they searched her name in their system and found it, she had made the reservation for February, not January.
But they were really good about it and their uncle owned another hotel where we could stay. We walked there and it was all fine- the receptionist is an Australian man but I was far too tired to make conversation
Once he showed us to our room I fell asleep
So this experience, as fun as it's been probably wasn't the best start to our trip ha

Now other parents may have worried if something like this happened to their darling daughters on the other side of the world, not mine. Mum replied with an email saying 'it's all part of the adventure' haha
Love you Mum, you're my favourite and I wouldn't want you any other way!
this is Luani asleep on our first day

No comments:

Post a Comment