Sunday, December 5, 2010

Antwerp

Day three, our final day, we went to Antwerp, shopping capital of Belgium

Buuuut it was a Sunday so EVERY shop was closed so after wasting a lot of time in cafe's we decided to spell our names with our bodies in different locations around antwerp.

We got a lot of concerned looks from a lot of people


Antwerp was followed by ots of driving back to Calais where we went through immigration.

One young lady Jenny, wasn't allowed back into the UK so they detained her at the port while we all went on across on the barge to Dover.

She was such a nice girl so I was pretty distressed by the whole leaving her behind ordeal.


From Dover there was more driving.

Along the trip back we dropped Gary (tour guide) off at his house haha.

The second Gary was off the bus, our driver took the reins on the tour haha, he didn't put the microphone down for the following 40 minutes until Anthea and I got off the bus, talking about sites to see in London and places to buy expensive furniture ha

Victoria station, Anthea, John and I got off the bus.

John had been sitting in front of us for the whole trip and thanked us for keeping him entertained with our lengthy Harry Potter discussions of which he had listened in to for hours haha

I caught the train home and so ended my Belgian trip.










On my way home from the station (it was about 11:30pm) a man was walking behind me, I though nothing of it until I took a back alley across a park and he followed me and started walking uncomfortably close to me until he was right next to me so I gave him a friendly smile. He seized this as a conversation starter but I had headphones in so I couldn't hear a word he was saying and had to stop, put down my suitcase to take out my ipod,

He wasn't terribly intimidating which was nice, and all he wanted (as far as I can tell) was weed. He first asked for the time but when I told him I didn't have it, he asked for my number which I truthfully said I didn't know and didn't have my phone on me, whiiiich wasn't entirely true/wasn't at all.

When I told him I didn't have any or know anyone who did and that I wasn't interested in any sort of illegal activities he bid me farewell and went on his way

I arrived to a toasty warm house and two uncles who were very eager to get some chocolate.


All in all the trip was great!



No comments:

Post a Comment