Sunday, December 5, 2010

Brugge

Okay, to try to prevent this from just becoming a list of events, I've split Belgium into three posts

Day One - Brugge

5am I woke up paul to drive me into the city 6am I met Anthea at Victoria station we got on board our coach at 6:30 and set off towards Dover,

Our tour guide was Australian (as was 99% of the people on the tour)


Because it had been snowing the scenery on the way there was amazing!

We passed Dover castle which was pretty rad (it's where Churchill did some scheming)

9:30 We arrived at Dover port and the white cliffs of Dover which were quite a sight with the snow. An hour and a half later we were in Calais, France (hooray!)

So we're driving and then Gary (tour guide) says: France, France, France, France, BELGIUM!

And we were all very excited


Brugge











We went on a walking tour and leant some cool facts blah blah blah, tried some fruit beer and lots of chocolate

At 6:30 we set off to Oostende for the night,

Now our hotel should get a post to itself because that was quite the adventure!

We were on the seventh floor and our room was freezing when we arrived, none of the radiators were on and there was a giant glass window (I don't know what else a window would be made out of) so after soaking my numb feet in a boiling bath I went down to reception and after befriending one of the staff I managed to score Anthea and I a heater! Boo yeah!

We had Mexican for dinner and tried some hot mojitos which were pretty great but verrrry sweet.

Night one was interesting, we slept as close to the heater as we could and were both too cold to get out of bed to turn off the tv or light haha




No comments:

Post a Comment